The most important Winter Skin Care Advices for All Ages & Vitamin D
Winter Skin Care: From adolescents to mature adults, winter weather can have adverse effects on your skin regardless of your age or skin type.
Fortunately, there are plenty of things you can do to prevent winter skin damage, restore natural moisture and elasticity, and enhance skin tone.
For glowing skin that lasts all season long, take the following winter skin care advice into consideration!
- Cold Weather Means More Heat For Skin
- Treating Winter Skin Care Damage
- 3 Winter SkinCare Tips
- Why Vitamin D is important for Winter Skin Care Routine ?
- Top 3 Vitamin D Supplements for Skin
- Nature Made Vitamin D3 25 mcg (1000 IU) Softgels 300
- NatureWise Vitamin D3 5,000 IU for Healthy Muscle Function
- Vitamin D3 (5000iu/125mcg) Enhanced with Coconut Oil
Cold Weather Means More Heat For Skin
Although the cold weather is in fact, cold, quite the opposite effect is a common cause of dry and irritable skin in the winter. When it is cold outside, we tend to do more things to warm ourselves up.
This includes taking hotter showers (possibly more frequently), using heating pads and heated blankets, leaving space heaters and furnaces on longer, sitting by the fireplace more often, and so on.
All this added heat causes skin to lose more natural oils, which it cannot restore efficiently enough.
This can lead to dry, tight, flaky, irritable skin. In more serious cases, skin can become chapped, much like lips, which is another area that requires additional care in the winter.
Treating Winter Skin Care Damage
The remedy for this is to up your moisturizer regime. In the winter months, switch to a stronger, thicker moisturizer that provides long-lasting comfort and protection.
You can even consider OTC dermological-grade creams, such as Eucerin, Aquaphor, Gold Bonds, or Cetaphil. These are advanced-repair healing ointments available at your local pharmacy or convenient store.
When you begin a winter skin regiment, it is important that you follow through and maintain a consistent schedule.
Apply your choice of healing ointment every morning and evening (and as needed throughout the day) on all dry and affected areas, as well as, elbows, knees, knuckles, heels, and toes.
Do not skip even one day, or you may feel the effects of dry skin coming back.
3 Winter SkinCare Tips
Be Sure to Also Get Plenty of These 3 Things:
Get Plenty of Water! Water Hydrates skin and keeps its plump, fresh, and bright.
Get Plenty of Sleep! Sleep is good, and quite necessary, for the whole body.
3# Vitamin D
Get Plenty of Vitamin D! Your skin tone is brightened and enhanced with a touch of Vitamin D.
Why Vitamin D is important for Winter Skin Care Routine ?
Vitamin D is great for the skin. Not only does it make your skin look brighter and healthier, it gives you more confidence when you have a natural-looking, subtle glow. So how do you get a great glow in the winter without sun?
Just visit a local tanning salon for instant Vitamin D re-fuels! Tanning beds provide your weekly recommended dose of Vitamin D, so you can feel great and look great at the same time!
Top 3 Vitamin D Supplements for Skin
Here our Selection for The best Vitamin D Supplements for Skin Care ( especially in Winter ):
Nature Made Vitamin D3 25 mcg (1000 IU) Softgels 300
$12.99 in stock
- For a limited time, you may receive either bottle while we update our packaging. Both have the same great product inside. Based on new FDA regulations, you may also notice a change in the unit of measure and/or daily value for certain products.
- Contains a 300-day supply of Nature Made Vitamin D 25 mcg (1,000 IU) Softgels, 300 softgels per bottle.
- Supports bone, teeth, muscle and immune health
- Adults, take 1 softgel daily with water and a meal.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Nature Made Vitamin D 25 mcg (1,000 IU) Softgels are made of vitamin D3, the body’s preferred form of vitamin D. Nature Made Vitamin D3 supports bone, teeth, muscle and immune health.†
NatureWise Vitamin D3 5,000 IU for Healthy Muscle Function
- NatureWise Vitamin D3 in certified organic olive oil helps to support teeth and bone health, provide immune support, and promote healthy muscle function.*
- Our formula delivers the same biologically active form of vitamin D produced by the body as a result of sun exposure, without exposure to UVB ra
- Get your daily dose. The Vitamin D Council recommends 5,000 IU Vitamin D daily for adults to achieve and maintain optimal levels.
- Our Vitamin D 5000 IU softgels are easy to swallow. Some research indicates that vitamin D3 in liquid softgel form is more bioavailable than powdered or tablet forms.*
- These Vitamin D3 immune support and bone health supplements are gluten-free and non-GMO. Third party tested for purity and potency.
Why It’s an Essential Vitamin
Vitamin D can be found in cells throughout the entire body. It is necessary for calcium and phosphorus absorption to build and maintain strong bones and teeth, provide immune system support, and for healthy muscle function.*
Can’t You Get Vitamin D From the Sun?
Often referred to as the “sunshine vitamin,” vitamin D3 is synthesized when bare skin is exposed to ultraviolet B (UVB) light. However, studies show that most people do not get the recommended amount from sunlight alone. Factors that can inhibit vitamin D3 production include the time of day sun exposure occurs, season, latitude, skin color, age, clothing, and sunscreen use. In fact, according to Mayo Clinic, 25% to 50% or more of the general population may be vitamin D deficient. NatureWise Vitamin D3 delivers the same biologically active form of vitamin D produced in the body as a result of direct sunlight -- without the risk of unprotected UVB exposure.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency
Bone pain and brittleness, muscle weakness, and tiredness can all indicate a deficiency in vitamin D. People who may be at higher risk for deficiency include those who spend a lot of time indoors, have darker skin pigmentation, are elderly, or overweight.
Our Vitamin D3 is Third Party Tested for Quality, Purity, and Potency
NatureWise Vitamin D3 contains 100% natural, USP grade, non-GMO, certified organic olive oil. Our vitamin D3 is made following strict GMP standards. We utilize specialized ISO 17025 third party laboratories to test for physical, chemical, and microbial contamination, guaranteeing that each and every bottle of NatureWise Vitamin D3 meets the highest standards for purity, potency, and safety.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Vitamin D3 (5000iu/125mcg) Enhanced with Coconut Oil
- THE SUNSHINE VITAMIN: Sports Research Vitamin D3 delivers the same biologically active form of vitamin D produced in the body as a result of direct sunlight without the risk of unprotected UVB exposure.
- COCONUT OIL: The original Vitamin D3 brand with Coconut oil. Vitamin D3 is fat soluble and difficult for the body to absorb if not taken with a fat. To help aid with absorption we blend our Vtiamin D3 with Coconut Oil.
- EASY TO SWALLOW: Contains 5000iu (125mcg) of Vtiamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) in a easy-to-swallow liquid softgel capsule.
- OVERCOME DEFICIENCY: As many as 50% of the people living in the United States may be deficient in Vitamin D.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Sports Research (SR) vitamins & supplements come with a 90 day Money Back Guarantee (See below for details).^