The Top 5 Best Concealer by Skin Type Review and Concealer Types & Usages
To put on a makeup is not that simple. In order to have a well-refined make up, you need to follow few steps. In this article, we will be talking about one essential component: it is the concealer.
To conceal means to hide. So, a concealer is used to cover the unwanted spots that we don’t to show.
What’s Concealer ?
A concealer is a type of makeup that is used to cover up blemishes, dark circles, and other imperfections on the skin. Concealers come in a variety of colors, and some are even designed to match the skin tone of the person using them.
Concealer is used to cover up blemishes, dark circles, and other imperfections on the skin. It can help to make the skin look more even and flawless.
Some facts about Concealer
A concealer is applied before or after foundation
This question is very recurrent. To answer this question, many beauty experts said that for more efficient result, you need to apply the concealer on a well hydrated and smoothed skin.
After that, apply your foundation. So, a concealer should be applied after foundation.
Unlike the foundation, a concealer is not meant to cover your entire face.
What is a concealer used for ?
Concealers are mainly used to hide facial skin imperfections ranging from acnes, wrinkle, pores, under “eye circles ect”.
It is used on small specific areas of the face. You can apply it whether under your eyes or around your nose.
How is a concealer work ?
By applying color to the skin, the concealer sparkles the skin through different effects.
These effects merge from a shininess of the skin to a reflection of light. It comes in a variation of colors.
What are the types of concealers ?
Concealers come in different shapes. When you shop for a concealer, you must keep in mind the skin problems you need to hide.
For instance, women with a dry skin need to avoid the matt because it doesn’t have a Hydratation effect.
I will try briefly to familiarize you with the various types of concealers.
What are the main ingredients for Concealer ?
The ingredients in concealers vary, but they often include:
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- PEG-10 Dimethicone
- Butylene Glycol
1# Pen concealer
Pen concealers are pens with concealer on one end and a brush on the other. They are used to cover up blemishes and dark circles.
- Have a brush for application
- Highlight the part of your eyes
- Perfect for eye – circles
- Have a light- effect
[amazon_link asins=’B001NZ1OWO,B075LMT6RJ,B006UET4XE,B0779WMBX5′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’26a21df8-1c75-11e8-b4fe-2bd7ca09d6cd’]
2# Pencil concealer
Pencil concealer is a type of concealer that is applied with a pencil-shaped applicator. It is typically used to cover small areas of skin, such as under the eyes, around the nose, and on the lips. Pencil concealer is often used to cover up blemishes or dark circles.
- Cream-based products
- Treat blemishes
- Used to highlight eye corners or open up them
- Can be applied to line up your eyebrows
[amazon_link asins=’B00BKHN680,B00F5VEEKG,B01MQUBH26,B00C3AMEO0′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’388965b6-1c75-11e8-935e-b56c28cec444′]
3# Liquid concealer
Liquid concealer is a type of makeup that is used to cover up dark circles, blemishes, and other imperfections on the skin. It comes in a liquid form and is applied with a brush or a sponge.
- Convenient for all types of skins except for dry skin
- Used for a full coverage
- Comes in 3 different shapes :
- Matt :last longer ; can be used during day light
- Satin: for more natural look
- Slimmer; for the eyes, can be applied by a concealer brush or fingerprints.
[amazon_link asins=’B004Y9GTYE,B007MJKHPA,B002S8Z5CK,B004BCVFZM’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4de7d3d8-1c75-11e8-ae02-e3a3c000a0b3′]
4# Stick concealer
Stick concealer is a type of concealer that is applied with a wand or a stick. It is usually a thicker consistency than other types of concealer, which makes it ideal for covering blemishes and other imperfections.
- Perfect for sensitive , dry and normal skin
- Can be used for a full or a medium coverage
- Like a lipstick
- Dot it on your skin and blend it with a concealer brush all over the area
- Perfect for eye – circles
- Hide acne blemishes
- Has a negative effect ; may block pores and make acne worse
- Come in satin or matte finish
[amazon_link asins=’B00AUFS8I6,B001KYOAF6,B001HKVGHI,B001MW1MK2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’65161ef1-1c75-11e8-8ee7-fbc7c115ae15′]
5# Cream concealer
Cream concealer is a type of makeup that is used to cover up blemishes and other imperfections on the skin. It is a thick, creamy formula that is applied with a brush or a sponge.
- Like stick concealer , can be used for a medium to full coverage
- Good for dry skin
- Compact or small pot shape
- Its thickness makes it perfect to treat skin discolorations and under eye-circles
- You can do it with your finger then blend it with a concealer applicator
- you better opt for [amazon_textlink asin=’B01F36JEXE’ text=’sponge ‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5d02cb84-1c6c-11e8-af86-c736a5b49589′]instead of a [amazon_textlink asin=’B00I3VHKVK’ text=’brush’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=”]
[amazon_link asins=’B009N5VPN4,B002S8VF5G,B009N5SM30,B017C4GP6Y’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=”]
- List of my favorite Natural and Organic SkinCare Products
- Top 10 Organic Coconut Oil Skin Care Products & 7 main Coconut Oil Benefits
6# Cream to powder concealer
- Used for light to medium coverage
- Found in powder or matte finish
- Easy application ; you can use only your finger
- Not perfect for wrinkles : its powdery effect make them surface more
7# Color correcting concealer
- Should be used before foundation to give a neutral effect of color
- Comes in different colors: each color is targeted to treat a specific problem of the skin.
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01AE5E3PI’ text=’Lavender for yellow shades’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’17a76057-1c70-11e8-88e4-4991b90fd389′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B000V54TO2′ text=’Green: for redness’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2abec3a2-1c70-11e8-8b8f-81393f846fc9′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01GGROLWS’ text=’Pink: for blue-toned’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’38f97f16-1c70-11e8-bf7d-5d5309e651c1′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B004QQ1170′ text=’Orange: gray spots’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’480e6d68-1c70-11e8-98c5-595f8a9aa9d1′]
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01EMSM3K0′ text=’Yellow: for scars’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’freshnaturalskin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’55fc1a34-1c70-11e8-b88b-8b48902a2aeb’]
What are the Top Best five concealer for every kind of skin ?
I make a selection of the top best five concealers for each type of skins.
I have an oily skin: which concealer is best for me ?
Opt for oil free concealers: go for stick and fragrance free concealers.
So, the first best product for the first type of skin I chose for you is the following:
The Max factor Erace Cover up Stick: 02 Fair
This product has a long lasting effect. Perfect for under eye circles, The Max Factor Erace Cover up stick is easy to apply. It is good for oily skin.
- Covers dark under eye circles
- Precise stick applicator
- Easy blend formula
- Long lasting effect
Check more details & Review on Amazon
Read more about dry skin on this link :The Best Home Remedies For Oily Skin
I have a dry skin. What is the best concealer that works for me ?
When shopping for your concealer, you should opt for a concealer which has a Hydratation formula.
Do not opt for the powdery finish (for it highlights this problem). You can use the other types of concealers.
So, for you the second concealer that you must put on your list of shopping is the following:
Carins Instant Concealer 04
Perfect for under eye circles. It moistures your skin and lasts longer. It has a natural effect and blends easily. It is the best choice for those who has a dry skin.
Clarins Concealers & Correctors – Clarins Instant Concealer 04. How-to-Use: Apply on shadowy areas and imperfections, and blend in with the finger. If skin is very dry, mix a little concealer stick with an eye contour care in the hands, before application.
Check more details & Review on Amazon
Read more about dry skin: Top 10 Organic Facial Cleansing Products for Dry Skin
I have an Acne Prone skin. What is the perfect concealer for me ?
An acne- prone skin tends to be more sensitive. You must be careful when choosing your concealer.
It is a bit hard to find a concealer that hides effectively your blemishes or acne scars, but it is not impossible.
Here comes the third best concealer treating the third skin problem.
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer, Light 10
It has natural effect coverage. Available in four shades, it has an oil free formula. It perfectly covers acne scars, dark spots and circles.
Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer features MicroClear technology to quickly reduce the appearance of blemishes for clearer-looking skin.
Developed with by dermatologists, this oil-free and non-comedogenic formula is easy to apply and provides natural-looking color. Cover blemishes for a beautifully flawless look.
Click here for more detail and Pricing Information
Further reading about acne prone skin: Learn How to Treat Acne With These 3 Basic Steps
I have a dull skin: What is the perfect concealer for me?
A dull skin is a pallid skin. This problem is related to skin complexion variation. If the problem is related to color, you should go for a concealer that adds more sparkling on your skin.
So, the Fourth best concealer I chose for you for the fourth skin kind which is the dull one is the following:
High Definition Color Correcting Concealer Face Foundation Primer Skin Tone Corrector Anti-Dull Dark Yellow Skin Primer ?
It is a color correcting product. It is used as a lotion texture with a variety of skin care ingredients. It neutralizes dull yellow undertones and brightens yellow tones.
High Quality and High Definition formula , leaving a smooth luminous flawless finish. Create a perfect canvas for foundation application and even out skin tone.
This easy-blend and long-wearing formula illuminates the eye area for a fresh look SGS is the most authoritative certification bodies in the world, our products comply with the Euro & US Quality Certification.
Click here for more information
For more information about dull skin : 5 Simple Honey Masks for Instant Glow for Dull Skin (Causes & Treatment)
I suffer from dark circles under my eyes. Which concealers can best fix this problem ?
If you want to get hide the circles under your eyes, here is the best concealer for you.
Irene Gari Dark Circle Concealer
It is affordable. It is cream to powder cream. it perfectly covers dark eye-circles.it also treats discolorations under the eyes.
Goes on like cream, then blends into a micro-fine powder to cover unsightly puffy discolorations under the eyes, Makes dark circles disappear
Further suggestions for Concealers
1) 3 NYX Wonder Pencil – Face Concealer Full Set
Used on your waterline to open up your eye. it gives you a more resting look .
2) Sigma Beauty F70, Concealer
Its small size helps you to apply the concealer in the smallest areas.
You can use it to blend the dots of stick and liquid concealer on your skin
3) Sponges Buds Egg Shaped Set for Concealer Contouring Powder
It can be used dry or wet. You can use it to apply many cosmetics along with concealers. It has an antimicrobial to reduce allergies.
4) Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer, 25 Medium
Flawless that lets the real you come through. It’s makeup that doesn’t mess with you. No oils. No waxes. No nonsense.
Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be: fresh, breathing, natural.
Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin’s natural highs and lows to show through. Non comedogenic, dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, fragrance free.
5) COVERGIRL Clean Invisible Lightweight Concealer
Conceal flaws and imperfections with COVERGIRL Invisible Concealer.
The soft-tipped applicator makes it easy to apply under the eye or on any other imperfections.
The natural-looking creamy formula blends in and leaves you looking beautiful.